Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I'm Going to Kick Winter in the Butt

Oh, hello there.  I haven't seen you in awhile.  Mostly because I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off due to alot of stressful stuff going on...and now, with Winter on its way, I find that my cortisol levels are up, and, as a result...my clothes are too tight.  And that, coupled with the daunting change in seasons (and thus, light...and thus natural, sun-given Vitamin D, and my happiness) makes me want to curl up into a ball under the closest, largest rock...and knock myself out with it.

But, this year I'm trying things differently.  This year will be different.  Or so I keep telling myself, hoping to will it so.

I've been, ahem, slacking, so to say, on my bloggy friend here.  I know.  (I mean, honestly, how many readers are there out there in Interweb land, anyway?  Like, a half a person?)  And, I'm setting goals for myself in an attempt to right the wrongs in my brain, and find some level of balance, and the ever elusive carefree happiness I've hoped for...forever.  Maybe write one blog post per day, even if it's a few, short, corny lines - just write, should be on that list.  Maybe now it is.  Maybe you'll never know.  (Or maybe you will, because duh there will be daily blog posts if it's on the list.  Right.)

Anyhoo.....

Here is my list of *new* things to try this Winter - mostly to keep myself away from the cliff's edge...and, alright, also to tighten my waistline again...

Jess' Kick the Winter Blues List of Things
  1. Try yoga.  In a class/social setting.  To help find some measure of inner peace, and to help with your agility and overall fitness/physique.
  2. Start (restart?) a Paleo-esque diet.  See this post, but different.  (I've tailored the diet to my needs/wants, so it looks a little different for me this go-round.)
  3. Visit the new gym at work.  Start going for weight training, or treadmill intervals 2-3 times per week.  [Sidenote: in keeping with the "Paleo" philosophy, workouts/exercise don't need to be a 60 minutes per day, 5 days a week thing.  Workouts should be short and intense.  Kinda like you're being chased by a wild animal, or doing manual labor.  Think like a primitive human being, is what they're saying]
  4. Get out more.  Go to the movies, or a restaurant; play in the snow (if there happens to be some this winter).  Just get out of the house and be active/social.
Needless to say this will be a set of evolving goals.  And I'll try to have a post or few about each topic listed above, and each new addition as they make the list.


How do you beat the Winter Blues?  Or Greys, or Blacks; or Rainbows?



No comments:

Post a Comment