Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Where'd You Go?

So today begins the dreaded Government Shutdown.  This means that, while I am fortunate enough to remain at work until the end of the week thanks to my wonderful CIO who very strategically funded our contract until her FY13 cache ran out...after that, if Congress doesn't get their act together, I am temporarily, but indefinitely without a jobOh dear.

But, ya know what: also lucky for me?  I just switched to a new company, which has yet to establish 401K for their employees...so I just got a nice-szied check from my 401K because I opted not to go ahead and open an IRA yet.  Yet.  I know how important that is, so it's on the list.  But, I mean, really.  Could it have happened (my being able to take a payout) at a more opportune time?  I have no idea when I'm going to return to work, so here I have this nice bit of money to tide me over.

Sometimes nice things do happen to me.  S  o  m  e  t  i  m  e  s  .

Anyhoo...I've got to get back to work.  We're currently restoring a few things that we lost over the weekend...so, yeah.


Are you directly affected by the Government Shutdown?  What do you think of Congress' antics surrounding the budget?  It seems that do this every year and yet...they still get paid.  Curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment